Rules & Regulations for Marching Units
and Floats in the Mid- Hudson St. Patrick's Parade
Village of Greenwood Lake has been great in their support of our Parade. Please respect the Village's open container laws
as they are strictly enforced.
- The Parade will step off no later than 2:00 pm. Any units not
ready by this time will be asked to go to the end of the Line of March.
- The throwing, handing,
giving, etc of anything to spectators from Parade participants is strictly forbidden.
placards, signs etc. are limited to identifying your group and/or appropriate to honor St. Patrick and our Irish American
culture. No pamphleteering for persons, parties or causes.
- Absolutely NO SIRENS or AIR HORNS
will be blown during the parade, except by emergency vehicles in case of an emergency.
- On the
approach of an EMERGENCY vehicle, ALL UNITS WILL GIVE WAY AND MOVE TO THE FAR RIGHT as quickly as possible.
- All floats, vehicles etc. must have prior approval. No advertizing of businesses or political signs on floats.
- Please do not allow anyone to join your group once the Parade has commenced.
- When marching,
please pay attention to the group in front of you, if they slow down or stop, please do the same so as to maintain spacing.
We want to put all units on TV but this is not possible if units are too close together.
limit your time at the reviewing stand. Play one tune or limit all dancing to a couple of minutes etc.
Download the 2023 application to march as an organization or a band
- The download files are Word (.docx) files and are form-field
fillable on your computer.
- Save the downloaded files on your computer.
- Open the appropriate saved file.
- Complete the necessary
- Send to the email indicated on the form.
Click to download the Marching Units Registration Form
Click to download the Band Line of March Response Form